How To Build An App Like Housejoy
In today’s digital age, on-demand platforms have gained traction all over the world. People search for basic services and contact the service company nearest to them when they are in a rush. Many startups and small companies are moving to online modes by using on-demand service apps. These applications provide great options for shoppers and local suppliers to contract for household supplies all in one location.
TaskRabbit, Urbanclap, Mrusta, Mplus, Helpbit, Bro4u, Helpr, Housejoy, and Handy are among the on-demand service apps that provide local services such as appliance repair, house washing, beauty solution, plumber, weddings, activities, and more.
- How To Build An App Like TaskRabbit
- Steps to Building An App Like AirTasker
- Guide to Building An App Like Porch
- How to Make a Concierge Services App
- How to Build an Errand Runner App
In just a few taps, you can complete your assignments. These applications are undeniably giving newer apps a run for their money. Furthermore, depending on your needs, these well-known on-demand services applications will include house cleaning, grooming solutions, plumbing solutions, wedding management, parties, equipment repair, and more. As a result, local vendors and customers can manage household utilities with ease thanks to the on-demand service app’s provision of services in one location.
It’s simply portals that link specialist and consumer startups, as well as small-business service providers. Customers will search for products depending on their location. Local retailers and budgets should pool their budgets, programmes, and locations together so that consumers can easily locate facilities in neighbouring locations. It is the most effective way for small businesses to connect with providers through popular apps and connect with a limited audience by accessing their services on-demand.
What Is HouseJoy?
HouseJoy is another home service application from India that has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. It offers day-to-day services such as house washing, electricians, AC Maintenance, Salon at Home, Virus Fumigation, plumbing, and many more. All of this was accomplished by the team, who celestial had the opportunity to construct the optimal corresponding algorithm.
Housejoy is a Bengaluru-based Indian company with in-house departments for all of the aforementioned facilities. They currently have offices in six cities across India, namely Bengaluru (head office), Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Pune. They also plan to extend the above-mentioned facilities and offices to 24 additional Indian cities. Their fumigation and sanitization service is currently available in 30 Indian cities.
Matrix Partners provided $4 million in Series A funding to Housejoy in June 2015. In 2015, it raised another $23 million in Series B financing from Amazon, as well as Matrix Partners, Qualcomm Ventures, and ruNet, among others. Matrix Partners provided another $3.2 million in Series B financing to Housejoy in 2018.
Housejoy is now preparing to raise $35 million in Series C funding by the end of 2020 to boost its home building and interior design businesses, after raising 100 crore in revenue from their home construction, restoration, interior, and painting businesses and approaching profitability. In the previous fiscal year, Housejoy generated a revenue of 136 crore, a nearly four-fold rise over the previous year.
Some facts about HouseJoy
- Founded: 2014
- Founders: Sunil Goel, Arjun Kumari
- Funding Received: $30.2 Million
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, India
- App Installs: 1,000,000+
Business Model For Your HouseJoy Like App
HouseJoy, for example, has a transparent business model. Construction, restoration, interior design, decoration, cleaning, at-home beauty & salon facilities known as Zalon, packers & movers, home delivery of vital products known as Housejoymart, fumigation & sanitization service for homes and offices known as Housejoymart, mobile health checkup camps for general health & COVID checking known as Housejoycare, fumigation & sanitization service for homes and offices known as Housejoymart, fu All of this was accomplished by a team who worked tirelessly to develop the ideal matching algorithm.
You have the option of choosing from the following three business models:
- Transaction Based Model
The aggregator or marketplace selling services takes a share of each purchase billed across the website under a transaction-based services model. This assists in the scaling of the platform – in other words, the more sales you charge, the more money you produce.
Customers benefit from this model because they only pay when they need something, and vendors only get paid if they are employed. This cuts the upfront costs of lower sales and uncertainties, drawing vendors and consumers to the network and growing supply and prestige.
Take, for example, TaskRabbit (formerly known as RunMyErrand), an organisation that began in Boston in 2008 as a need to build a network that connected people in need of help with others willing to give their time in exchange for those services. TaskRabbit has grown from a concept to an organisation with over $40 million in investment, over two million active customers, and thousands of providers in 40 locations across the United States and beyond in the last ten years. TaskRabbit was purchased by the IKEA group in 2017 and is now a wholly owned and controlled affiliate of IKEA.
- Subscription Based Model
Customers are paid on a monthly basis for tasks that do not entail a one-time charge, such as laundry services or employing domestic help, allowing them to access services at their leisure while paying for them on a daily basis.
The greatest thing about a subscription service for a service provider is the high likelihood of customer retention. The sales projection is almost exact, and there is a lot of space for cross-selling and promotion.
From the customer’s standpoint, this alleviates the pain of trying to search for and pay for utilities on a regular basis. In other terms, the monthly duty charge means that they can finish the job without interruption. This also cuts down on the expenses that consumers can pay if they book services separately.
Alfred, a New York-based startup founded by Marcela Sapone and Jess Beck in 2014, has gained acclaim and raised more than $60 million in funding. Alfred has been helping people find time to do something they’ve always wanted to do but never had the time for since he won the 2014 SF TechCrunch Disrupt. Hello Alfred provides home maintenance services and takes pride in claiming that they were able to complete 50,000 demands that would have taken their subscribers 5 years to complete in fewer than 8 months, allowing them to make time for themselves.
- Lead Generations Based Model
Customers collect quotes from retailers who have paid to have them shipped via a lead-based model. A client, for example, might need roof re-tiling. The website or aggregator will put together a group of experts who will bid on the open contract if they are available, and the client will be able to pick the best quote.
From the perspective of a retailer, they gain an online footprint as well as visibility into industry dynamics and pricing.
Receiving quotations from a variety of competing vendors allows a consumer to make a more educated decision.
Since the buyer is not paying for the quotations, the aggregator’s consumer base expands fast. This large customer base further allows vendors to join the network, resulting in a rise in both the number of suppliers and the number of buyers.
Thumbtack, one of the most well-known brands in the lead-based model methodology, experimented with subscription and transaction-based models before focusing on the lead-based model. Thumbtack currently charges professionals to contact customers via Thumbtack credits, which are then used by professionals to deliver quotes to customers. Thumbtack does not charge a fee for jobs done or prospective jobs booked with the same client or from referrals, and service providers just pay to quote.
READY TO LAUNCH YOUR APP?
How HouseJoy Works?
Is it easy to find a plumber, a beautician, an interior designer, and other professionals in your area?
For the most part, finding trustworthy and skilled experts for in-house jobs is difficult. Professionals are often having difficulty finding jobs. As a result, an app portal known as Urbanclap was created as a medium where people can find professionals with any of their in-house jobs and professionals can find work to address these two issues.
The app has a dual purpose-
At The User End
- If the consumer needs an expert to provide a particular in-house service, they may use the app.
- They can update the app and choose any provider from the list of available services.
- When they choose a programme, a pop-up window with packages may appear. Users should choose a kit that suits their budget.
- They are then asked to choose an appropriate date and time.
- The application helps the user to look at a professional’s profile to see their credentials.
- They will pay using a number of online payment methods or by cash on delivery (COD).
- Users will also offer the service a rating and leave a comment.
At The Service Provider’s End
- As previously stated, the service provider can only be listed after completing the rigorous training module.
- The service providers in that region are alerted until the customer chooses a service. They have the choice of accepting or refusing the bid.
- The specialist will look at the work obligations and, after evaluating them, will decide whether or not to consider the bid.
- If the bid is approved by the service provider, both the customer and the service provider will be alerted.
- In the event of an emergency, the service company will cancel a reservation, but they will be paid for it.
Key Features Of An App Like HouseJoy
There are a bunch of features that you could integrate in your Housejoy-like app.
- Customer’s App Features
- Registration is quick.
- Login Using Your Social Media Account (FB, Google, Email)
- Design a user-friendly UI/UX interface that has an advanced search filter.
- Provide a variety of payment options
- Add a new service Suggestions
- Keep a record of the jobs that customers have sent. Look at the vendors in your area. specifics
- Message & Quote Local sellers have a long tradition.
- Local Vendors Can Be Contacted Via the App
- Keep track of the payments.
- Service Provider’s App Features
- Login/Registration Function that is Fast and Simple
- Chat With A Client
- Add service charges based on a base quote that is hourly, set, or learned.
- Set up your service times and availability.
- React to consumer comments and ratings.
- Display Payment History & Job History
- GPS Location tracking
- Admin’s App Features
- Admin Control Panel with Full Access
- Display customer and nearby distributor positions Specialized CMS and CRM system
- For Partners and Clients, a Record Management System
- Facility for Backup and Restore
- Keep track of your work, billing, and payments.
- Accounts and Taxation Part of the Cloud Hosting System is accessible from everywhere in the world.
- Advertisements and Promotions should be planned ahead of time.
- Test the Pricing Analytics Notification Monitor in the Price and Subscription Schedule Management area of the back end.
Cost Of Building An App Like HouseJoy
Since the demands of multiple consumers, companies, or consumers vary, the expense of creating a Home Service application fluctuates based on what features, equipment, tables, configuration, or place you choose to use in the application.
The cost of developing an iOS app over an Android app, for example, will vary due to the process and time required. Here’s an approximation that can be used to measure the expense of an on-demand app like Housejoy:
The Cost for the App Development = Time required. for Development x Rate per Hour
As a consequence, it’s recommended that you contact a trained tech designer or expert with experience designing these types of applications.
On a rough estimate, the cost to build an on-demand app like Housejoy from the ground up, which would take about 3 months, is between $15000 and $30,000. It also doesn’t matter whether you’re making an iOS or Android version.
Finally, it’s critical that you determine the exact specifications (as mentioned above) and hire a professional developer to create the application so you don’t waste resources on features that aren’t needed.
Have an idea for an online errand running platform? Here Create an On-Demand Home Services app.